Apple finally released OS X 10.9.2, the second major update to OS X Mavericks. When a new incremental update to OS X comes out, the question is still the same: How can I safely update my Hackintosh?
First, this is the official change log for 10.9.2:
- Adds the ability to make and receive FaceTime audio calls
- Adds call waiting support for FaceTime audio and video calls
- Adds the ability to block incoming iMessages from individual senders
- Improves the accuracy of unread counts in Mail
- Resolves an issue that prevented Mail from receiving new messages from certain providers
- Improves AutoFill compatibility in Safari
- Fixes an issue that may cause audio distortion on certain Macs
- Improves reliability when connecting to a file server using SMB2
- Fixes an issue that may cause VPN connections to disconnect
- Improves VoiceOver navigation in Mail and Finder
If you want [or you’re really curious about 10.9.2] you can read the full change log here.
To safely install 10.9.2 on your Hackitonsh follow those steps:
- Repair permissions using Disk Utility [repair them twice just to be sure]
- Update OS X using the Mac App Store or by downloading the combo update here
- Once installation is completed re-install your audio drivers [only] using the latest version of MultiBeast, which you can find here
[Note: If you’re having boot problems after the update try booting using the ” -x ” flag]
- Repair permissions again using Disk Utility
Note: If you’re using MultiBeast 6.1.0 (or lower) do not install other drivers and/or any other thing beside audio drivers since 10.9.2 also updates graphical, storage and other drivers, replacing those drivers with MultiBeast can break your setup since the included drivers are for 10.9.1 and prior.
Note 2: If you use the Chameleon bootloader be sure MultiBeast won’t install Chimera or your Hackintosh setup will 100% break since some boot flags are different.
Note 3: You will also need to check if TRIM is still enabled as this OS X update will disable it, if you need help with TRIM follow this guide.